Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Grandparent Similes

We have a big Grandparent's Day Luncheon where they are invited to come lunch with their grandchildren-I think it's a fun day all-around. We read a poem where Grandparents were compared to raspberry ice and other sweet things. So I then asked them to write their own comparisons in simile form:


like sunrises and bacon :)


like a pumpkin


like rubies, because they shine.


like blueberries because they are nice


like a rainbow because they are creative


are as playful as kids because they play with us games from Mexico.




like pumpkin pie


like the moon because they are nice





one-of-a-kind and extraordinary because they are different and amazing.


are like dragons because they blow kisses and hearts.





2 comments :

  1. I love kids writing. Thanks for sharing these - gorgeous. Trusting your grandparents LOVE their comparisons!
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kiddos' similes, especially the fist one I too love my grandparents, sunshine, and bacon!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete