Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Principal Perspective

We've been talking about authority figures in Social Studies, so I thought it would be fun to have the kids write from the perspective of a school principal. Not so much what you would do, but how it would feel, what would be difficult, etc. I just loved some of their answers:


I will dream to be rich! :)


...[I would] order tickets to the Texans game because I got bored at work. :)


....kids will be annoying. It will feel different.


It will be harsh.


It is hard because I have to check the cameras.


I would go into my room and tell them to "get in here"!


I will have fun because I could put them in detention.


I would give attention to the students and respect all the students.


I would hope I don't get any bad notes.


I will park wherever I want and run in the school. I will let anybody take a pet [to school].


I would tell my guards what to do.





10 comments :

  1. Their writing is amazing! I'm jealous...I have students who are not able to write their names! Lots of playdo and Lego action going on in my room at the moment. :-) fine-motor development

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know these are the 1st Graders I moved up with--so don't be too jealous! :)

      Delete
  2. These are so funny! What interesting ideas they have about the job of a principal! I hope you showed these to your own principal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! :) I think she got a kick out of them as well. I know their view of the job is so funny to me--we don't even have any kinds of guards so I don't know if they are envisioning it's like the job of the Queen or something! :)

      Delete
    2. I was kind of wondering what kind of school you've got over there - guards, cameras, etc... Is there a moat, too? :)

      Delete
    3. I know right? I love the idea of a moat-might have to suggest that at the next meeting! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely.....best way of expessing their ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We just got a fabulous new principal...maybe they should write advice letters.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I like that idea! It's always interesting to hear what their advice is for people! :)

      Delete