Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

I Dissent: A Book Review

I read this book to my kids yesterday:



I love when I read a book to my students and even I learn something. I knew Ruth Bader Ginsburg was one of the first woman on the Supreme Court. I know she believes in equality for woman and minorities. What I didn't know was that she was "dissenting" against the establishment her whole life. She was a lefty and in school they tried to force her to be right-handed-but she wouldn't conform. She was on of 9 women in a law school class of 500-and excelled.

I know today is a big day in our history, but also a scary day for many of us. It warms my heart to be reminded that there are still people out there who will "dissent". Who will fight for what's right in this world, even if it's not popular. I love sharing books about strong women with my students-and this is definitely an example of that.




No comments :

Post a Comment