Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Design a New Symbol for Valentine's Day

I try to have my students design, invent or create several times a week. This is something that can be frustrating for both the students and the teacher. :) When I present my ideas I always tell people that you have to keep trying to these activities with your kiddos throughout the year. They will not get it at first. Many students do not come to us in Kinder with a lot of experience using those creativity skills. For example, today we designed a new symbol for Valentine's Day. When I introduced it many of them set off to draw a heart. I had to explain, no, that symbol already exists-you are thinking of something new. Do not give up! They will get it.



red crayons



a picnic








speakers.





a broken heart



a family






No comments :

Post a Comment