Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Changes Over Time

One of my favorite books to discuss changes over time and how technology has changed our lives is:




It discusses how Blueberry Fool was made 300 years ago, 200 years ago, 100 years ago and today. A great way to compare and contrast changes in how people got the cream, stored the dessert and of course, how they whipped the cream. Now traditionally I have my students make whipped cream the old-fashioned way with a wire whisk. We pass a bowl around and each take turns whipping the cream-of course, that is not an option this year with germs. So I begged and borrowed bowls and whisks and each student made their own cream which we add not to BlueBerry Fool but to some pumpkin pie (which many of my students had not tasted before). They found making the whipped cream tiring but enjoyed the fruits of their labor! :) 











No comments :

Post a Comment