Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Depth and Complexity and Edward Tulane

My favorite part of the day is our chapter read-aloud. We do it at the end of the day and if I choose the right book for the right class they hang on every word. They develop a relationship with the characters and we are able to do reading response activities. 

This is one of my favorites for applying Kaplan's Depth and Complexity. 




Over Time: this character has a major transformation over time. He is narcissistic and selfish in the beginning and well, I won't do any spoilers-but he majorly changes. 








Multiple Perspectives: 

1) How did each of the characters see Edward-compare.

2) Write a letter from Edward to Pellegrina or from Abilene to Edward, etc. 

3) If I were Edward, I would....


Big Idea: Huge Big Idea as the theme of this story. Should you love even if there's a chance you will 
                                                                                          lose them and have a broken heart.

Was Edward Brave?
















No comments :

Post a Comment