Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2023

My Favorite Wordless Books

Wordless books can be misunderstood. I've had parents tell me that book was too easy for them because it has no words-but I think it makes it more challenging to have to make inferences on each page at each step of the plot. The past few years we have seen some very deep, challenging themes depicted in wordless books.

These are my favorites:


Cute story about Daisy who is obsessed with her ball.


Love this clever book about taking risks and leaving the nest.


A story about kindness and selflessness.


A new student is bullied so another student makes a plan to help them. Great example of what community can do to protect others.


Beautifully written story about overcoming your fears.


Classic story depicting a problem and a solution.


Little girl finds a magical red crayon that brings to life everything she draws. Author uses color to propel the story.


A fox takes a little girl's stuffed fox and adventure ensues.

I like to read these books over the course of a week, analyze them with the students. It's teaching them about a new genre of books they did not realize existed. They get excited to find and read other books. One of my students who struggles with reading said "I can even read this book". 












No comments :

Post a Comment