Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"The Dot"-Themed Classroom

Yes, I am one of those teachers who uses a theme to drive my class decorations--and I do not apologize for that! :) I like to use literature or places as my themes, this year I chose one of my favorite books: The Dot, by Peter Reynolds. It's all about being creative and taking risks, which are traits I'd like for all my Kinder students to learn.

Now, I am not one of those super-creative, Pinterest-addicted people. Most of my bulletin boards are blank because I will post student work or anchor charts or things that come up as we go along throughout the year. And I am not done yet-I still have many, many things to do, but I wanted to share what I've done so far.

My main bulletin board as you walk in and my theme for this year! :)


I'm not quite happy with this library (please ignore the printer in the corner, it won't be there for very long)-but loved the "dot"-shaped cushions.


My Word Wall! I always make it interactive so the kids can take down the words and use them in their writing.


My math board, I still have to put up my calendar.


Even found an alphabet with dots! :)

What do you think? I was going to say I'll be glad when it's finished, but we know we are never finished, right?! :)


4 comments :

  1. I read The Dot to all of my math classes last year to go along with our school theme of making your mark and making a difference! The loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that a book with such a great message is driving the look of your room. Nice choice!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tammy! It's one of my favorites-hopefully the kiddos will enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete