Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

A Debate on Unicorns

I love teaching the concept of Ethics from Kaplan's Depth and Complexity. It is basically just taking a side and defending it. Pro vs con, right vs wrong-what is your opinion. This skill is important for many reasons but one of the reasons I think it's so important that this generation learn how to do it is reading comments people make on social media. So someone says teachers should be paid more and the response is "shut up". That's an argument?! I mean I don't expect people to be able to change people's minds online, but you can at least make a better argument.

We read lots of unicorn books this year because I had a number of students who LOVED them. My question was: are unicorns real? Here were their responses:












1 comment :

  1. Some drawings plus their captions are funny. From Granada, Spain. Funny but to be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete