Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Read alouds for Science



I have been trying to incorporate more literature into my science lessons I think it's a great way teach students the basic concepts. Here are some of my favorites to use:


I love when I learn something new from a book I share with my students. Mario was the person who discovered the damage we were doing to our ozone. He let people know for years and no one wanted to do anything but because of his persistence we still have an environment to care about.


I think this is a very well written story of the short life of a honeybee.




I use this in the beginning of the year to introduce science and what a scientist does.


Love this story about a scientist who went against what others believed to help us learn about these magestic sharks.


There are several books by this author-Egg is Quiet, Rock is Lively and this one. It is a poetic way to talk about these scientific concepts.


One woman's quest to help clean up her community and repurpose plastic bags.





No comments :

Post a Comment