Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Rigor in the Primary Grades-PD Session

I know it is hard to find ways to challenge our young learners. I have been teaching Kinder and 1st Grade for 20 years now. My passion is finding ways to challenge my students-to improve critical thinking and creativity. I wanted to share some of the tools I use in my classroom. 

One thing I forgot to add when recording this is don't give up. Colleagues have tried a strategy and come back to me to say "my kids just didn't get it". It takes time. Most of these students have not been asked to think critically in their young lives. The more you do it, the better they get at it. I love seeing what they are capable of and the ideas they can come up with. You will see progress if you do these activities regularly.




Let me know in the comments if this was useful.


No comments :

Post a Comment