Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Memories

This time of year is always bittersweet for me. Teachers every day are saying "it's almost over", "just a few more days". But it's hard for me to say goodbye to a group of students that have become a family over the past 10 months. I also find packing up a classroom very stressful-I wish we had more time to really go through things and organize.

We talk about memories. We read the book:


There is a video on Storyline Online where Bradley Whitford reads this story aloud.

They discuss what is a memory? I then ask the students to write the same. How can you define that word without using the word "memory" or remember.






We also read the book:



Students draw their own memory jars and write/draw things they will remember about their year in 1st grade. 





She is talking about the game Blooket. :)


Yes it breaks my heart that the lockdown is one of his memories. :(



Finally they write a letter to themselves. They write about what they think they will be like in 5th grade. I place these letters in a time capsule and distribute the letters to those who are still at our school in 4 more years. 







No comments :

Post a Comment