Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Surveys With Young Students

I always survey my parents and students throughout the year. I think it's so important to hear opinions in a safe way. The problem is with young kids they LOVE everything! So I had to figure out a way to ask them questions that would give me insight without them knowing that's what I was doing. 

What does your teacher always say? We have student leaders that take the lead during lessons and I hear myself through them.

I ask them: What does your teacher like? If they write the name of a student (which has happened) then I know I am not being fair and equitable. For this they will talk about "Henry" just FYI that is my dog. :)

What does your teacher not like: if they write "talking in class" or "failing a spelling test"-that's not the kind of culture I try to develop.

Jusst for fun I ask them what I like to eat and drink.

Then how does your teacher feel about the class? I feel like 70% of what we do is classroom management and there are days I feel like all I do is fuss-I want to make sure they know I love them.


















No comments :

Post a Comment