Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Gratitude Theme


November is a great month to really dive into a unit on gratitude. We keep Gratitude Journals in my class throughout the year, but I still don't think the subject is an easy one for most kiddos to grasp. The world revolves around them you know. :) 

We read books like:








For our journals, we usually just free write-what am I grateful for? But I also sometimes give them prompts "what are you grateful for that does not cost money?" "what are you grateful for that you cannot see?".




We also do bigger projects. It's easy to say I am grateful for my family or my friends. But I encourage my students to dig deeper-can you come up with a posterboard full of things you are grateful for?






Personally, I am very grateful for many things this school year. We have gone through a lot of changes but I really enjoy the position I was given. I am thankful for a wonderful team and supportive administrators. I am also thankful for my bright, creative students.

What are you grateful for?

 

No comments :

Post a Comment