Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thankfulness

Our district has been through a lot of changes this year. I would be lying if I said this did not cause a lot of anxiety and stress. However, there are some things I am truly grateful for:

1) My team. I work on an unusual team. Half of us are brand-new teachers, half of us are veterans. We both learn from each other every day. They bring excitement and passion, we bring what is hopefully sage advice. It really works.

2) My students. They come to school every day willing to learn. Our school day was extended a full hour this year. I know by my last class that those kiddos are tired. But they pay attention, they participate-I couldn't ask for anything more.

3) My administrators. I have worked for a number of different kinds of leaders in my 23 years. We are lucky to work for administrators that are so supportive and open to ideas. They don't always say yes, but they are willing to discuss it with you. 

4) My online colleagues: this little ole blog has led me to meet many people over the years-Tammy, Terri, Kimberley, Donna, Ian, John. This has led to opportunities to present my ideas to others and to learn and collaborate from people with the same passions.

What are grateful for this season?







No comments :

Post a Comment