Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Classroom Management Idea

It always amazes me where teachers can find inspiration. I was flipping channels today and an episode of Supernanny was on (love her, by the way). She was telling the kids about a something they could make to send to their grandparents, but I think I'm going to do it this year for management.

I always keep track of"superstars"-the kids can earn stickers on their chart for behavior above and beyond. The reward is eating lunch with me in the classroom on Fridays (don't ask me why that's an award to them :) or taking home our stuffed "buddy" for the night. Now I know some don't believe in reward systems, however, I feel like most of our attention is put on kids who are misbehaving and we reward them immensely when they actually do behave. I feel badly for those kiddos who are always doing the right thing and not always getting credit for it. 

This year,  I'm going to use cut-outs:

Draw lines on it to make squares. When all the squares are full I'm going to put a stamp on the back and mail it to their homes. It's a positive note home with a twist! They love getting mail and what a way to show off their excellent behavior. I'm excited to try it out.



2 comments :

  1. That is a great idea! I sent home a letter to my kids last year, and they continued to talk about weeks later! They love to get mail:)


    I'm having a giveaway over at my new Clip Art blog! I hope you'll come by and check it out:)
    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun! Clip Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do like mail! I usually mail my thank-you notes for Christmas gifts and one of the moms told me her daughter actually slept with the card for days!

    ReplyDelete