Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Runaway Foods


To extend our fabulous Gingerbread Unit, I always read some books of other runaway foods. There are tons out there (I am obsessed with alternate versions of fairy tales, especially if they show unusual cultures). Here are a few that we read:





Then the kids make up their own story about a runaway food. Some even wrote what that food would say as it ran and ran!

Runaway hot dog


Corn

Cupcake

Grapes

Corn, again-a popular food apparently!

Pizza


Cheesecake-yum!







3 comments :

  1. I love this idea! I am totally going to use this for our Gingerbread Unit coming up! Thanks for sharing!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do something similar as well. Have you read Stop that Pickle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't read that one-sounds like a hoot though-will have to look for it at the library! :)

      Delete