Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Very Hungry Scholar

I love taking a story and having the kids take the message and apply it in a different way. This is, I believe, truly higher-level thinking. We read the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and it's a book that if they attended Pre-K, they have usually heard before. I asked them to think about the word "devour" and how you can also devour knowledge (I have some students who do that daily!). I simply wrote some days of the week on the board and asked them to give me a story that would be called the "Very Hungry Scholar" instead of caterpillar. What do scholars devour? This was one of those days where some of them didn't get to finish because was a little time-consuming for our language arts activity-but here are the ones who did it:













1 comment :

  1. This is so beautiful on so many levels. Thank you for sharing.

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete