Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

End-of-Year Slideshows

Photography has always been a bit of a hobby of mine. When I was 5 I took a perfect picture of my parents at the public pool we went to every summer. My sister tried to take the same picture and ended up with a perfect picture of the shoes on the edge of the blanket! In high school I took a really cool photography class where we developed pictures and everything. I would go to photography exhibits all the time in college. It actually makes me think of maybe taking another class.

Today, I take a lot of pictures of my kiddos. Group photos, individual ones, pics of them working together, working in workstations, reading. Every year I sit down and go through those pics to make a slideshow for my parents. Usually I just group them into different activities, but this year I highlighted each student with adjectives and pics of just them. I had some really great shots!

Then came the hard part. The music! Last year I used "Time of Our Lives" by Tyrone Wells. When I teach Kinder I often use "Let Them Be Little" by Lonestar.  (Anyone ever wonder why so many country songs seem to be perfect for school slideshows?!). I wanted to use something different this year. I must have listened to at least 100 songs, I wanted to find the perfect one for these kiddos. This is what I ended up using:


They know it by heart now, we've watched that slideshow sooooo many times. I was really happy with the way it came out-I think the kids were too! :)


1 comment :

  1. I did a slide show too, but didn't think of adding music. We watched it twice, and everybody was just saying each other' s names. They sure enjoyed it! Did you use PowerPoint, or something else's? Sara

    ReplyDelete