Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Inkblot Writing

I taught my students about symmetry and we did a simple activity to show what that may look like. The students put droplets of paint on a paper in whatever patterns/colors they chose. We folded the paper in half and smooshed down the paint and voila opened it to show a new picture. They were just amazed at the way they could make designs with just a few drops of paint! It also gave us something exciting to write about.

I asked them to write a sentence to describe their pictures-what did they see? Here's what we came up with:


an angel

butterfly


black leaves

dragonfly

a creative tree

a beautiful heart desiring a beautiful cast to my heart

Police car


a sky


birdie

butterfly




2 comments :

  1. They're all so unique. I love the police car. I can totally see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that they were unique as well! The angel was my favorite. :)

      Delete