Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Open-Ended Leprechaun Hats

So every year we are on Spring Break when St. Patrick's Day arrives. This year the day before our break began we celebrated it anyway. We made green punch to drink and read Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato by Tomie DePaola.  We also made leprechaun hats. Now you know me-I'm not a fan of cutting out the pieces and having the students glue them together and all the hats look exactly the same. We had a Project Runway moment-I just put out construction paper and they completely designed their own hats. I asked them to think about their client (the leprechaun) and how they like things like gold and rainbows-but they were free to design that hat however they wanted to. They were very proud of those hats!
















2 comments :

  1. I don't quite understand the concept of precutting pieces for an art project either. Huh? Your hats had to have made them feel accomplished and satisfied!

    ReplyDelete