Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Santa Letters for Multiple Perspectives

In my class we don't write letters to Santa from us-we write to him from a character. We have been reading the chapter book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane-one of my all-time favorite read-alouds. 



I think this is one of the best books to discuss big ideas like love and loss as well as seeing a character change over time. I asked my students to use Multiple Perspectives and write from the perspective of Edward-what would he ask Santa for. Here are their responses:









I was in a teacher group once on Facebook and someone was asking for chapter read-alouds for Kinder/1st Grade. I suggested this book and was told they would never understand it that it was too advanced for kids that age. Once again I think people underestimate our kiddos. Reading these responses you can see they understood the assignment. :) 





No comments :

Post a Comment