Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

My Classroom Philosophy

I think summer is a great time to sit back and reflect on what has been going right and what has been going wrong in past classes. I've been doing a lot of that reflecting myself, especially because I felt a little challenged this year. I've been seeing a lot of posters on Pinterest people put up in their rooms stating not rules, but kind of an overview of what to expect in that classroom. Or Dear Students this year you will.....I wanted to make one for my classroom as well. Not just for parents, students, etc. but so I can visualize it in my head and refer back to it when it feels like I'm going off-track:

In this class....

We create.
We think.
We take risks.
We earn praise.
We show learning in different ways.
We move.
We sing.
We explore.
We imagine.
We perform.
We paint.
We write.
We question.
We love words.
We help each other.
We debate.
We analyze poetry.
We listen to stories.
We tell stories.
We share.
We value learning.
We make mistakes.
We work together.
We laugh.
We rise to the challenge.


What would your poster look like?

8 comments :

  1. Oh yes! Love that! Will have to add that one when I make the real thing!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog on Pinterest and am your newest follower. It's not easy to find blogs pertaining to G/T. Glad I found yours. :)

    Barb
    itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Barb! I know there aren't a lot of us crazy GT people out there! :)I like your blog as well-found lots of poetry ideas-I just adore using it in the classroom as well. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I became your latest follower! I love your list! I would just copy and paste your list and add: We show respect for the thoughts and ideas of others.

    Kaylynn
    ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaylynn-I like that too-thanks so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this list and put it into tagxedo:

    http://www.tagxedo.com/image/34b1e85e9f6c4ed4

    I hope that is okay?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete