Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Fun Things To Share With the Kiddos

We take a lot of brain breaks in my classroom. I am a firm believer in them (honestly, I even do that myself whether reading or in a pd-I have to get up and walk around). However, my brain breaks are still educational. I am always searching for "fun" things I can share with the kids.

Every month Ian at Byrdseed does an Internet Field Trip ( www.byrdseed.com) and usually I even get a kick out of the resources he posts. This is one from this month:


I was born in the Northeast and moved to the South as an adult-so I definitely saw some differences in what the kids' called things. They made a face when I told them to wear "sneakers" for field day (they call them tennis shoes) and there were no more "hoagies" on the school menus here. I can't wait to share this with my kids because they live in such a bubble-I want them to know not only is there a grand world out there but we all are different-even in the way we pronounce "crayon"!

Another one the kids love is from Ted Talks (the parrot does say "beer" at one point-he's talking about pirates):







Terri is always posting good videos to share with the students. The Power of Words is one of my favorites:


I like this one too:





2 comments :

  1. I love that Einstein video! Cute! And I know exactly what you mean when it comes to moving to the South from the Northeast. I'll never forget the first time I was told to, "Put your books up," and I held my book up over my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these. Just this spring I got the technology in my room to show things like this. I'm adding some of these to my list.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete