Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cinquain in the Membrane

I am trying to introduce m,y kiddos to a bunch of different kinds of poems. Haiku was hard for them. But some of them really did a good job with the cinquain. We looked at examples of some and wrote one as a whole group. They got to choose their own topic and many were able to follow the guidelines. Here's what they came up with:

Miss Trayers
pretty, nice
working, printing, reading
I like having her for my Kindergarten teacher.
Teacher

Sun
hot, orange
warming, burning, moving
It makes me warm.
Star

Hip Hop
Awesome, better
dancing, beating, making noise
I'm a great dancer
Magic

(Her brother)
Playful, quiet
Playing, dancing, sleeping
He makes me sad
Brother

Heels
pretty, tall
move, lay down, dance
fancy have very different textures
Shoes

Models
fashion sassy
pop, rock, fun
Cute funny, love fashion shows


Mastiff
Gray, tough
Barking, eating, playing
I feel grateful
Mastiff

Houses
Brown, big
Protecting, helping, growing
Place to put stuff
Shelter

Person
Colorful, pretty
testing, reading, coloring
I feel happy sad
Me!

Mermaid
Funny, quiet
strong, ?, gracious
Sad of that sister seas
fishgirl

Jewel
Shiny, gold
Shining, exciting, dazzling
It makes me feel greedy
Emerald







No comments :

Post a Comment