Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Comic Strip Writing

I know newspaper comics are kind of old-fashioned, but I still like to read them! I can remember my parents reading the Sunday paper as a kid and them setting aside the comics for me-because that was the only part I was interested in reading. :) 

I recommend one square comics to start like Family Circle, Marmaduke or if you want to use ones with multiple squares-Peanuts or Garfield work well. I take the print off the comic and ask the kids to write their own little speech bubbles to describe what is happening. I think this is a fantastic activity for making inferences. It's also an easy activity to add to writing workstations after you introduce it and they get some practice.

This was our first attempt:




Time to go. Why?










No comments :

Post a Comment