Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Don't Stop Believin'

So I am reading Because of Winn-Dixie to my students as our chapter read-aloud now. One of the most touching parts is when Opal asks her father to tell her 10 things about her mother who left them years before, and he lists them. I asked the students to make their own decalogues--10 things you believe in. I was so floored by what they came up with, I wanted to share them with you. These are 6 and 7 year olds! Not only did they come up with some incredibly thoughtful things (I believe in liberty, justice, being kind, etc.) but it really took stamina for them to write that and there were barely any complaints.





I believe I can do it and I believe you can do it too! :)







"Parents should go fishing more"-maybe people would be more patient if that happened! :)





I believe I can make my Dad smile. :)





4 comments :

  1. My favorite is, "and I bleve in thet I love miss trayers". Super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I like that one too! :) I like the one about me also that says "I believe Miss Trayers really does mean it!" Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Those are all very touching. I'm starting a new novel after spring break.....will have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! It's one of my favorites-of course, there's a dog involved! :) I've never shared it with a class before, so far they really like it too!

      Delete