Monday, January 21, 2013

Weather Perspectives

So I had a bunch of take-out trays leftover from making Gingerbread Houses (I'm mathematically challenged-we have over 100 students on our grade level, so I think well, I have to get 100 take-out trays, duh! we are only using half of it!). Anyway, I wanted to use it to compare something, but wasn't sure what. Then the kids asked me where snowflakes come from....and there it was, the difference in perspective of a snowflake and a raindrop!

Here's what they came up with:

I will freeze like an ice cube/I would be sad because my family won't be with me.

I'll feel happy because I will fall and melt.

I will feel sad because people jump in puddles---I guess she forgot the other part.

I will be hurt because I will fall/I will be happy.

they are beautiful

I feel happy because I can see everything. 

I will feel happy to be re-used (I think she's talking about the water cycle)/I will be sad because I melt when the sun comes up.

Pin It!


  1. Look at that writing-that is AWESOME! Love how they are getting their thoughts down and are able to express their ideas. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!
    We get firsties who don't even write like this!
    Love it!

    Fluttering Through First Grade

    1. You are very sweet! :) We're trying-this year it's been like pulling teeth! I'm happy if they sound out their answers. Thank you for stopping by! :)

  2. What a clever have quite the group of imaginators!

    Chickadee Jubilee

    1. Thank you Laurie! We're working on that too-some days are better than others when it comes to creativity, but they've definitely made progress since the beginning! :)