Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weather Perspectives

So I had a bunch of take-out trays leftover from making Gingerbread Houses (I'm mathematically challenged-we have over 100 students on our grade level, so I think well, I have to get 100 take-out trays, duh! we are only using half of it!). Anyway, I wanted to use it to compare something, but wasn't sure what. Then the kids asked me where snowflakes come from....and there it was, the difference in perspective of a snowflake and a raindrop!

Here's what they came up with:





I will freeze like an ice cube/I would be sad because my family won't be with me.



I'll feel happy because I will fall and melt.

I will feel sad because people jump in puddles---I guess she forgot the other part.

I will be hurt because I will fall/I will be happy.


they are beautiful

I feel happy because I can see everything. 

I will feel happy to be re-used (I think she's talking about the water cycle)/I will be sad because I melt when the sun comes up.




4 comments :

  1. Look at that writing-that is AWESOME! Love how they are getting their thoughts down and are able to express their ideas. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!
    We get firsties who don't even write like this!
    Love it!

    ~Christy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very sweet! :) We're trying-this year it's been like pulling teeth! I'm happy if they sound out their answers. Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. What a clever prompt...you have quite the group of imaginators!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! We're working on that too-some days are better than others when it comes to creativity, but they've definitely made progress since the beginning! :)

      Delete