Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

It's OK To Be Different

This is a tough lesson for kids-even young kids. When we have a Crazy Hair Day, I often find kids out in the hallway afraid to come in with their different hairdos. They will be working, and I'm not talking about worksheets of adding problems, but a writing assignment or project. They are constantly looking to their neighbor's work to see if they are doing it 'right'. One of my most pinned posts is this one: Creating Risk-Takers . Examples of literature where characters decide to just be themselves. This is something I really try to impart on my kiddos-unique is good!

This video reminded me of that. A puppy not afraid to be himself:








2 comments :

  1. I love literature that teaches that concept too. "It's Okay to be Different" by Todd Parr, "Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon," and "Hooway for Wodney Wat" are some of my favorites.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is adorable. One of my favorite picture books is called, Unloveable, A Pug's Tale. It is all about a put trying to fit in.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete