Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

New Birthday Tradition

Birthdays are important to kiddos. We started a new tradition this year where the birthday girl or boy sits on my special stool in front of the Smartboard and their friends write words to describe them that they can't look at until we're done. I think they are enjoying it, because I had a student whose birthday fell on a Sunday and was very worried we wouldn't be able to do this for her. Of course, we just did it on on Monday. 

It took a couple times until the kids would vary their adjectives-we were getting a lot of the same words. I put up one from the beginning-so we just see the words and said we should be able to just read these and figure out who it is for. Now I think they are more specific. Anyway, just thought I'd share-I know we often don't have a lot of time to spend-this is a pretty quick activity and still a good lessons in adjectives!








1 comment :

  1. I've seen something like this on Pinterest and wanted to do it but wasn't sure where it would fit the best. I like the birthday idea!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete