Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mystery Readers

I know it's late in the year, but I've started doing Mystery Readers with my kiddos! And they love it! I used the site: http://www.signupgenius.com/ and linked a link to our class site with dates that parents could sign up to come read the students a story. We do them on Friday mornings and the students will walk in already trying to guess who the Mystery Reader is for the day. I do offer to provide books to read with them if they want, but I encourage them to share books that are favorites of theirs as well.

I had several parents sign up right away when it was posted! It has been a favorable experience so far with the parents and in the eyes of the students. They get to hear someone else's voice read to them and enjoy stories that I may not have heard of before. If a parent doesn't sign up for a Friday, I try to get someone else from campus-our principal or secretary to come read to them. It's something I will definitely continue doing next year.



1 comment :

  1. Sounds like fun for both the listeners and the readers!

    ReplyDelete