Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Campaign Projects

I know projects in early childhood are a little bit controversial. I have always tried to do projects in class-we have the supplies and the time to complete everything. But every year I do an end-of-year survey with the parents and one of the comments I got last year was that they wished there were more at-home projects assigned that they could do together. I do think it helps teach them how to do projects which we know will be something they are required to do throughout their academic career. So I am trying to incorporate that more this year.

With the election coming up, I asked the students to choose a literary character and create a campaign poster for them. The students came in to class beaming on Friday morning showing off those projects. They were so proud. I had them present their candidate and let me know why they would make a good President. On Monday we are going to have primary elections to narrow it down to 2 choices and on Tuesday we are going to vote. I think it's a good way to introduce them to the election process.









On many of them you can see the kiddos actually did a lot of the work and it was authentic. I was very happy with how it all went. We will see who the winner is next week!



1 comment :

  1. What a nice way to give them a connection to the election process.

    ReplyDelete