Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

New Uses for Feathers

One of my favorite activities to help promote creativity and thinking outside the box is to come up with new uses for everyday things. I introduce this with a pencil-we can write with it, draw with it--yes, but what else can we use it for? I use it to upsweep my hair, I can use it to open a soda can. Then I ask the students to do this with various objects throughout the year. If you try this, please do not get discouraged if they don't seem to catch on the first few times. If you do it consistency, I promise, you will have outside the box thinkers by the end of the year.

So in going with our Native American theme-we did feathers. This is what they came up with:





















1 comment :

  1. They do know how to think creatively. I like the one about eating. I could totally see that happening on survivor. :)

    ReplyDelete