Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Good-bye Gifts

Don't you just love this time of year (I know you can't see me rolling my eyes! :). I was literally unable to sleep last night just thinking of all the things I was supposed to get done this weekend: grading EOY assessments to calculate growth, filling in certificates for our awards at the end of the week, burning 26 CD's of the videos I've taken this year (although I left my slideshow file at school :( . And I'm really trying not to even think about the packing up my room for the 3rd time in 4 years! We usually pack everything up so they can clean-but I have to even empty cabinets and closets this time since I'm moving to a new room next year. *Sigh*.

This part is the fun stuff! We really don't see many people retire from our campus. People move on to other locations or move up the ladder and become administrators. However, this year we have 2 beloved staff members retiring. One is our PE teacher and another has the affectionate moniker of  "Grandma"--- she works in our cafeteria. She goes out of her way to greet my kiddos every day, so I wanted to do something special. I couldn't decide what to do for them and then was struck with a little inspiration (don't you love when that happens! :).

We ended up making these:


We did the handprints on both sides and the kids signed their names on the bags. I think they came out really cute.




No comments :

Post a Comment